Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Idle hands...

Today is the last day of my spring break, and I have so much to do! I'm going to the doctor in an hour to get a general check up and to find out about vaccinations. I have to get photos taken to update my passport, I have to email the Indian consulate about using the Circuit House while we are in Naya, and I'm still looking for the Bhopa!


We've roughed out our general itinerary. I'm going to include it here hoping for advice about hotels, getting around the country, things we absolutely must see, etc...

The plan so far is this:
July 7: Depart New York
July 8: Arrive Delhi
July 11: Arrive Kolkata
July 14: Naya
July 16: Return Kolkata
July 18: Visakapatnam (embark on guided tribal tour)
July 19: Jeypore
July 20: Rayagada
July 21: Taptapani (meet the Kondh)
July 22: Bhubaneswar
July 23: Konark
July 24: Puri
July 25: Puri for the Rath Yatra return festival
July 26: Bhubaneswar (tour over)
July 27: Delhi
July 28 - Aug 5:...

We're still planning the last week of our trip. It all depends on where we will find the Bhopa. I would really like to spend some time in Jaipur and the surrounding area, taking a painting class, a cooking class, a yoga class... In the meantime, there is dreaming and there is doing.

No comments: